How to Fix Carpet Burns
Nobody wants a burned carpet, but accidents happen sometimes. You might think that once a carpet gets burned that it’s too late and needs to be replaced. What you might not know is that you can hire a professional carpet repair service to save you time and money! Hiring a professional to fix carpet burns due to iron or cigarettes is a good thing idea and it’s also very affordable! However, what else can you do in order to repair carpet burns?
If your carpet burn is very small, there are do-it-yourself steps that you can follow. Below are some carpet repair tips:
Fixing a Carpet Burn Mark
- Get your scissors and cut the burn part of the carpet carefully.
- Cut some carpet fibers either from a closet or wall.
- To conceal the burnt spot, paste the carpet fibers with glue.
How to Get Burns Out of Carpet? Just follow the steps below:
- Cut out the burned part of the carpet with scissors.
- Clean the damaged area with the use of mild detergent and sponge, and then rinse it carefully.
- Make use of a scrap and cut out an area of the carpet which is larger than the burn spot. Make sure that the colors of the carpets are matched with each other.
- Paste the new cut carpet into the burned area.
- Cut around the edges with your utility knife. Make sure you will not reach the carpet padding.
- Check whether the new piece of carpet is fitted. If for instance the cut carpet is slightly off, you can trim it out until it perfectly match with the affected area.
- To paste the new piece of carpet, you can make use of a double-sided tape or glue. Leave it for several hours until it finally dries.
How to Fix Cigarette Burns In Carpet
When it comes to solving cigarette burns in carpet, follow the steps below:
- Through the use of a sand paper, slowly sand away burn marks on the carpet.
- Make use of a vacuum cleaner to remove the entire residue.
- Cut the black carpet fibers in the carpet with scissors.
- If you have seen visible scorch marks, apply a solution to remove them all, containing 10 parts water and 1 part hydrogen peroxide.
- Make use a cloth to blot the affected area. Make sure that begin outside going to the middle part.
- After this process, rinse it with water and blot dry.
- Wait until it dries completely.
Through following the easy and simple ways given above, it will now be easier for you to solve or fix carpet burns. If you’re not comfortable repairing your carpet yourself or the damage to the carpet is too great, call the carpet repair professionals at Carpet Repair of Arizona today!